Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 26, 2007

1st time to church



Hi everyone...as you all know, church is a huge part of our life. With out the power of prayer Julian would not be here. So of course I took a picture of him at church. He was sucha good boy. He was a wake in the begining and then he was hungry so we ate and then he slept the rest of the time. It was so nice to show everyone our new son. So many people came up to us and told huged us and said they remembered my testimony on Mother's Day and look at us now...a family. We are so blessed! Pastor Jerry was not there, so we will meet him next week! We met a really nice family, they have a son who is 3 months old. WOW what a difference. I want to keep Julian in a bubble never letting him grow up! Every day he changes. Today he wore his Tommy outfit to church and he looked so handsome.


Ok, so some of you have asked for a picture of him and me together. This is one...now mind you, it was early on and I was very tired...Since he has come home, I have lost 15 lbs! I am hoping to lost another 60 by the time he is 6 months old. That is my goal! We go for a walk everyday. He loves to go for walks and so do I.

UPDATE ON THE FINALIZATION: We saw our attorney today at church...We just love him...he told us that a date has been picked for the court appearance and it is coming up. He was shocked as to how fast things are moving and how smoothly too. So, we maybe finalized with in a month of placement! How wonderful! Our birthmother and father have signed everything and there is no turning back...we will go in front of a judge, she will assign a social worker who will then do a home visit and then mail in the final copy and it will be final! We are overjoyed! The emotions are never ending. We will let everyone know when it is done. Our attorney told us to invite as many people as we want...but I think we are going to keep it to family. Maybe Aunt Katie and Uncle Pat will be able to make it too.

For those who are waiting...think about doing the private track. You will be in control and you will know what is going on. I have all the information, so contact me and I will help you. Don't waste the money...Also buy the book...How to adopt within one year domestically. I think that is the title. I read that book front to back, and followed it to detail...and 5 months later we were matched! You have to view this as a job...a full time job...You need to help your baby find their way home. That is how I looked at it. Julian had the help from our little Joseph (BTW he would have been 4 yrs old on August 23) We went to his grave site and it was bitter sweet to have Julian there with me. It was closure for me...I will never forget him, but that chapter is over and a new one is here. Don't ever give up hope. I am here if you need help!

3 comments:

Life with my BOYS! said...

Isn't it funny how you loose weight! I literally wasn't hungry and you are so busy doing things and figuring things out that you forget to eat. Now, I had to remind myself to eat as I was eating for 2, but hey, I think adoption is the reason why I was able to keep my weight gain in check while preggo!

My thoughts regarding Joseph, and you are right, a new chapter has opened and now you can move on, never forget, but still move on!
ENJOY!!!

Paulette said...

I Love it. You guys look great together. I can't wait to "live" our life with this wee one. It is an awesome experience to have each day...the most routine becomes AMAZING! YAY!

Jodie said...

You look beautiful! I can't believe how tiny Julian is. It seems like my kids were never that small. Enjoy every single moment, it goes so fast!!

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"