Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Amazing Sunday...

What a great day we had today! After a terrible night sleep... both of us...Jeff woke me up and asked if I wanted to go to church...I rolled over and said...Nah. not today...then I said yes...let's go! Jeff agreed and said that we will miss a few weeks when the baby comes, so it is a good idea. Well, I would have been very upset if we didn't go. Pastor Wes was giving the service today. I love when he preaches! It is amazing! It was all about how God created us! He picked me to be me...to have the struggles, the ups and downs...the most amazing husband...everything. How lucky am I! We laughed and cried at the same time.

Also today was the baby dedications. Normally I would want to get up and run away from that. Today was different...I think for both Jeff and I. He took my hand, and we sat there together and talked about each baby. Jim Kelly (ex- quarterback for the Bills...) His brother Dan and his wife were having their children dedicated. They have 4 boys and finally a girl! What a great family! They were so cute up there. Jeff and I both looked at each other and at the same time we said... we will be up there soon! Baby dedication's in our church are a big event. There are no god parents, just you, your husband and your baby...it is truly wonderful!

After church, we met with Katie and Pat and their children, talked a bit and then Katie gave me a bag full of bottles! yeah....I love getting things from friends...stuff that their children used. I can't wait to get new stuff too! After we were done chatting away...we drove to Tom Towers. But we took the long way. I think if I was told that I had only a day to live and they asked me what I wanted to do... I would say...take a long drive along the sea way trail with my hubby. When I was little my mom and dad and us kids would go for a drive along the same sea way trail that Jeff and I do. We hold hands, drive slow and enjoy the time together. It might sound goofy but it is so romantic. We talk about the house we would buy if we won the lottery and how we would buy alot of land and move my parents there too. This is something we will do when the baby comes too.

I know that God has a plan for everyone...our plan is different then all of our friends...they all had children early in their marriages...but for us...we will be married 7 years in September. we have had 7 wonderful years together...while we were young and spunky. Vacations we have taken, we have been able to complete our home the way we wanted it...have 2 great dogs...and so much more. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband. He is so good to me. have I told you that he cooks...and bakes...and does so much for me. His love is amazing...I wouldn't change a thing...not one thing! I love my life and everything in it.

We are still Patiently Waiting...

2 comments:

OHN said...

Hi Colette...just popped in to say hi and get caught up with what is going on. I am looking forward to the day I click on your blog and you have wonderful news! :)

Sue said...

You still around? I am obsessively checking for posts that you are headed out the door.

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"