Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Is it killing you?....

Because it is killing me! NO BABY YET!!!! Can you stand it!!!???? I am dieing here! Ok, so today a few people called wondering what was going on...which is fine...I did laundry, vacumed, dusted, watched Days of our lives, Big Love, and a few Sex in the City...took a few little power naps and now I am here doing this post that I didn't want to do, that is why it took me so long! I know you all are wondering what is going on. I have been very quite on the boards and frankly I am not in a great mood!

I spoke to our attorney today (did I mention that he is a very good Christrian?) SO we had a long talk about everything. He asked me if I was nervous that she might not place and I said NO...I know in my heart she is going to. I know that this is our baby. I know that people wonder and worry up until they sign the papers...but we are not worried. We just want to get him home and start living! I feel like I haven't been living in about 2 weeks! I told him if we ever do this again, I don't want to have this long in between being matched and placement. He agreed with me. Those of you who got "the call" and picked you babies up 1-3 days later...you have it made! This stress, and what I mean by stress is wanting it all to be over with is enough to drive a woman to drink!

My poor dogs...I know they know something is going on...Eugene gives me those big brown eyes of his and I begin to feel guilty...I know I have enough love to go around, but he has been the center of our world for a long time. When I think of him, my heart aches. If you don't have pets you may not know what I am talking about but man...the love you have for your first dog is amazing! He is so darn cute I just want to bite him! I know he is going to be so good when the baby comes home. I read all the books on what to do before the baby comes. They say to ignore or don't show the same feelings for the dog before the baby comes...ARE YOU CRAZY???? He is my baby! And Libby...well Libby is the independant one. She comes to you when SHE wants to and only then. Just like her mom!

SO that is what is going on. Jeff just came home, so I am going to visit with him. Hugs and thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. Love ya all!!!

8 comments:

Jodi said...

Everyone is anxious for you, Colette! I know I keep checking your blog every opportunity I have had today to see if there is any news. I am praying you will get the call soon and your wait will come to an end!

Jodi

OHN said...

When we brought our son home, I had my husband carry the baby in because the dog was very attached to me. I showered the pup with the same affection as when I would return from a regular shopping trip then when I held the baby I had the pup up on the couch with us (some people think that is gross but I am an avid dog mom too and they are allowed everywhere:) I let the pup sniff, lick etc and she was never ever jealous. Maybe a bit curious but before long she was sleeping under the crib and would come jump on me when the baby woke up. I swear she was telling me to get up. I can't imagine anyone telling you to change the way you treat the animals because then they WOULD notice something different and I would imagine get a bit cranky about it.

How does 8-8-07 sound for a birthday???lol.

wsweden said...

I am with Jodi. I can't wait for some news! Come on baby Julian!
Janet

Jenny said...

Well, I guess that baby has decided to be fashionably late, lol.
He had better make his appearance before I go on vacation,heehee

Duckess Jen

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

Ugh, I thought I could just delete my comment & start over fresh, but blogger leaves a holding place to tell everyone I deleted it! Whatever...

What I wanted to say is that you seem to be holding up very well considering what you're going through and we appreciate the updates.

Wondering when you will find us said...

tick, tock, tick, tock......maybe he will arrive on our Anniversary, a great day indeed!Ha!

Paulette said...

Tomarrow's 080807.. that's a nice day for a birthday, eh? Come on Julian!

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"