Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 2, 2007

T minus 1 -5 days...

Ok...where does the 1 to 5 days come from you might be saying? Well if you are on my email list you know why. If not here is why. Our birth mom is going to be induced tomorrow if everything looks ok. If not it could be Saturday, Monday or Tuesday. So that is where it comes from. So I have been thinking...I am so darn excited I can hardly contain myself! And on the other hand I am so darn scared...not scared to be a mommy, scared that everything will go ok and everyone will stick with the plan. The stress is overwhelming! So, since we are the coupleless child shouldn't this be our time to shine??? Like it has been for all of our friends and family? I would hope so...but you know how it goes. We will see what happens.
It is very hot out today. Normally we would go to my parents house to swim. Today I am not sure. We have alot going on. We have a fence being installed tomorrow (of all days) Then we have to make sure we have everything...camera, video recorder, paperwork, husband...LOL : )
So think of us tomorrow and I will post as soon as I hear! I am not sure if I will sleep tonight...but last night...I slept like a baby! I was in the pool for over 3 hours...i think it really helped my back and helped me sleep. So maybe I can convince Jeff to go over tonight!
Jeff is so excited! I am so excited to see him become a daddy! It is funny , I was talking to a client today who is buying his frist house. He said "you know everyone is an expert! If you rent and they own a house they are an expert...if you have no children and they do they are the expert" I was cracking up! You all know what I mean...when we were TTC people were telling us what to do...have sex every other day until AF arrives, Lift your ass up afterwards for an hour...they when they know you are pregant and/or adopting they say something like "Watch and Learn" Yeah thanks...we will take it from here. I loved registering...friend's were even saying "oh don't register for that...you will never use it" DISCLAIMER: Ok you know I love you all...BUT I WANT IT!!! IT IS MY BABY NOT YOURS IT MIGHT WORK FOR ME! and if it doesn't work oh well!
I was talking to a good friend of mine who just had a baby shower and she was complaining that people didn't buy off the registry. She had me dieing of laughter...she said " if i regisiter for it...i want it...that is why we put those cards in the invitation!" I was dieing! But how do you say that in an invitation? Tactfully? That is a tough one.
I had a friend call me and tell me that a friend of hers lost her baby 4 weeks before the due date and she asked me what she should do...I told her from someone who has been there...Just listen! That is the best thing you can do...listen and be there for her, so when she is ready to talk you will be ready to listen! That is what I think mom's should do with new mom...if we ask for help...HELP! You all know I WILL ask for help! I have never been one not to ask for help!
When I delivered our son at home, we were new to our neighborhood. I really didn't know anyone. My friend who I did know was out of town on vacation. So I called a friend that I had JUST be come friends with. Who knew that she would now be one of my best friends. God works in crazy ways! So my best advise is to listen and be there for your friends. And if it is their time to shine...let them shine!
ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE AND SINCE I AM A WRECK...IT IS EVEN WORSE. GRAMMER MIGHT BE A LITTLE OFF TOO. I AM WRITING THIS FROM WORK SO I DON'T HAVE ALOT OF TIME. PLEASE BERE WITH ME! hUGS

3 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL, I don't even know how you can bear to be at work. I would a raving lunatic! I can "hear" the excitement in your post. It won't be long now, Colette! YAY!!!!

Duckess Jen

OHN said...

Oh Colette! You have been in labor for quite some time know! When we were waiting for our son and people would ask if we knew anything yet, I would tell them that I had been in labor waiting for months! I am sending out positive thoughts to you that all goes smoothly. Our adoption went thru without a hitch or hiccup and it was amazing and terrifying all at the same time. BTW, I am on vacation right now and only checking 3-4 blogs and yours is the first one I check each morning. I swear I am having empathy excitement for you since I actually was in your shoes --lol.

Colette said...

OHN...Thanks for the sweet words! This labor is killing me! Thanks also for including my blog to your viewing while on vacation. You don't know how much that means to me! Hugs and Blessings

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"