Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

We have some NEWS!

Hi everyone. I spoke with our birth mom yesterday...it was so good to hear from her! She sounded well and you could hear the end is in site in her voice. We are thinking he will be born some time between Friday and Monday. He sounds like he is going to be a big boy! They are going to induce her, but they have to check a few things before they do to make sure all is well. So keep those prayers coming!

I was thinking about something this morning while I was in the shower (BTW I do my best thinking and singing there!) We have been through so much...Trying to get were we are that I often wonder when it is easy for others to get pregnant, some of them take their kids for granted. You see people in the stores, yelling at their kids, or in the parking lots or anywhere else...I often look at them and shake my head. Now, I am not saying I will not yell at my kids, but my mother never yelled at us in public, why would I...Is that a learned behavior...they way we raise our chidren?

Nothing is ever guarenteed in life. We may want things to go our way (like having him home in mid july) but the only one who knows how your life is going to go is God. So why try to do things that may conflict with what his plan is. I learned that by thinking or having some place tell us that we could have our baby home before christmas. So all the stress was a waste when I could have enjoyed my time with my family. If you have to push a situation to get what you want out of it...was that meant to be. I think looking back on our Match, everything has gone according to plan...just the way it should. Now that doesn't mean that I wanted it to move faster...because boy did I ever! But I would not want to change a thing. I think of where my stress settles in my body and it is my back...where is it for you? Your stomach, your head with headaches? We all deal with stress differently.

On Monday, I turned all my stress over to the Lord when it came to our adoption plan. I felt releaved, like a weight was lifted off my back! Try turning something over to him that you have going on in your life. What an amazing feeling it is. Just ask him to take it for you....pray to him! It is amazing how it works! Hugs

1 comment:

absolutegray said...

Amen Collette. I treasure both my girls because it took 2 1/2 years for our oldest daughter to find us and 23 months for our little one to find us (since we starting trying). I can't understand people who treat their kids so horribly. They were never have the appreciate for children like we do-they are truly a gift from God.

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"