Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 26, 2007

T minus 9 days

Well it is 9 days till the due date. It is hard to explain how I am feeling. I am anxious, nervous, excited, upset, gitty and every other emotion you can think of. So many People have been telling me he will come when he is ready. OK, PEOPLE...I get that...you don't have to say that anymore. Understand what we are feeling. We have been married for almost 7 years. 6 of those years we have been trying to have a family. Now we are matched and we are waiting...now this wait is like no other unless you have been in our shoes. If you have gone through the month after month of not being pregant, then going through all of the infertility tests and procedures, then you get "the turkey baister" to get your pregant. Then you are finally pregnant 4 times! Then you lose all your babies and deliver one at home. Now You and your husband have finally decided to adopt. Now you have to jump through hoops to prove that you are fit to be a parent...( now remember all this while your friends are getting pregnant left and right...all the while you are losing your babies) FINALLY you get approved to adopt...then you have to go through being profiled...do they not like us because I have dark hair and Jeff has blonde hair. Or maybe it is because we have dogs, or maybe it becasue we DON"T have children. All this and you have turned it over to the Lord, because he is the only one who knows when it is time for you to have a family.

So fast forward to 9 months and you are matched! How exciting it is. Just like when you found out you were pregnant for the first time. Now it seems to be becoming a reality that you infact are going to be parents. As the due date approaches you are increasingly getting more excited. You have cleaned your home everyday since July 1st. (Due date August 4th) Knowing the history of your birth mother, the baby could come at anytime. So here we are today, July 26th, 2007...9 days to go...you are no longer patient and are sick of people saying "he will come when he is ready" Please say nothing at all! That would be of great help to me. Please try to put yourself in our shoes...Please be kind to an expectant mothers feelings. I am very emotional, very anxious and I am not in a good mood.

Jeff and I have been ready to be parents longer then most people who try to get pregnant on their own. If you were fortunate enough to look at your husband and get pregnant, praise god! But please respect expectant adoptive mothers' feelings. Unless you have walked in our shoes (our=anyone who has ever experienced IF and M/C is now on the adoption journey) I know this posting sounds a bit nasty...it is not intended to be that way...I wanted people to walk in our shoes for a minute to see what it feel like to be in our shoes.

3 comments:

absolutegray said...

I hear you loud and clear. DD #1 came along nearly 10 years after we were married. I was so scared, I refused to be happy until after she was born and in my arms. The countdown to your son is on....

Michelle said...

I won't pretend to know how you feel... I can only imagine. I guess the best thing we can do for you at this point is to listen. I hear ya loud & clear!

Anonymous said...

here is me "saying nothing at all...."



oops! wait I forgot to add some ((HUGS))

*Terri Sue

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"