Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 8, 2007

WE HAVE A WINNER

Paulette and Jodi...finally! Yes....we found out on Tuesday...our birth mother had 3 u/s... it was a girl...then she had to have in internal u/s and low and behold...there it was...he is all boy!!! So we are waiting for our SON to arrive! I always thought I would have a son first...not sure why...just did. I have followed the same path of my mother....she too had multiple m/c and a still born, then they adopted my brother...then 9 months later she became pregnant with me. I am not saying that I am pregnant or that we are trying, because we are not. It is just interesting how things work. We just want our son home.

It took a few days to come down from the fact that we were not having a girl anymore. I don't mean we are disappointed, because in no way are we. We are so thrilled!!!!!We had to take things back and exchange them for "gender neutral" just in case they are wrong again. Everyone is very excited...now my MIL will have 3 grandsons! She was disappointed, I could hear it in her voice...I understand...I do.

I think Boys are the sign of the times. There have been 2 boys recently born on our street...all within the last month and a half. My good friend had a boy this spring...there have been more placements of boys in my group of adoption friends all around the country. So we are having a BOY!

Ok...here is a little political rant! We were putting the pack n' play together...the instructions we in Spanish! COME ON PEOPLE!!! THIS IS THE USA!!!! What is up with that! We are very intelligent people...the English that was printed in the booklet was minimal. I was disgusted!
Since this is the USA and English is our first language, can we make that the predominate language please! If I wanted a pack n' play in Spanish I would have gone to Mexico and bought it there! That is my feeling on instruction booklets!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Oh my...what a shock! I just read your comment on Michelle's blog about your little "guy"...I thought it was a typo or something. I bet it did take some getting used to!

Never a dull moment, is it!

Colette said...

You know it sister! It was a good shock! Never a dull moment!

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"