Julian is...

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Thank you lord...

for this wonderful gift of a son. I can't tell you how blessed we feel everyday. The waiting is the worst...there is no doubt about it. It is tough on everyone involved. I thank god for such a wonderful husband. With out him and his support, love and kindness, I couldn't have gone through the process. As a waiting adoptive parent you wonder about many things...when will it happen...who will it be...what will they look like...how will I feel about the baby when they come home. All those emotions, all those thought, all those worries...with out Jeff or the Lord in my life, I don't think I could have made it.

Yes our journey was on the shorter side. We were matched at 9 months and Julian was born just over 11 months of waiting. I think the worst part of the waiting was the 72 days of being matched. Not being in control of anything. I KNEW that our birth mother was going to place. There was never a doubt from Jeff or I on that. It was just a matter of when will he be born.

Our friends have been amazing...awesome handme down (bottle sterilizer is a must!!!!) Love it! (thank you Aunt Katie) Since it has been so warm, he is really only wearing tee shirts...he looks so cute BTW. The phone calls are everyday, checking on him and us...I could have asked for a better group of friends. A shout out goes to all of our friends who said they would call the group of friends and DID! THANK YOU !!!! I felt bad the other day when we were walking and a friend of mine saw us and said she had no idea...I guess some calls were not made...I appoligized to her and asked her to call the others so they would know.

This weekend is going to be a quite one. We are home as a family...I am sending out Thank you notes, doing laundry, going for a walk...just being a family. I will post pictures later today. I am trying to get one with his eyes open...he was awake yesterday for 6 hours...he was a tired little guy! So...hugs and blessings!

No comments:

Philippians 4:6-7

"DO NOT BE ANXIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING, BUT IN EVERYTHING, BY PRAYER AND PETITION, WITH THANKSGIVING, PRESENT YOUR REQUEST TO GOD. AND THE PEACE OF GOD, WHICH TRANSCENDS ALL UNDERSTANDING, WILL GUARD YOUR HEARTS AND YOUR MINDS IN CHRIST JESUS"